Monday, July 12, 2010

Box Office, Year 3

Yes, it's that time of year again: the choral festival (or coral festival, if the 'h' button on your keyboard isn't working too great; on the other hand, maybe that would be more fun some days?).

To start off the summer, here are my top 3 favorite greetings I received yesterday from choristers who had just arrived for the first of four week-long sessions:

Number 3:

Chorister: "Oh, hi, I see you're in the box office again. Did they finally put you on payroll this year?"

Me (in reality): "Oh, no, I've been paid for all three years, don't worry."

Me (in my imagination): "Why on earth would you think I'd do this job for no pay?"

Number 2:

Chorister (whom I've never met before, approaches me while I'm in one of the dorm lounges studying, and says the following in a sing-song voice you'd use to talk to a not-especially-bright toddler): "Hi, there, dear! Are you a sing-er?"

Me: "No, I work in the box office."

Chorister: "Oh, good for you, sweetie!"

Me (in my imagination): ".......?"

And my number 1 favorite so far:

Chorister: "Hi! It's great to see you again! How've you been-- did you have your baby?!"

Me: "Um... you must be thinking of somebody else?"

Me (in my imagination): "Guess I won't be wearing this shirt again."

And so the madness begins!

1 comment: