Monday, March 7, 2011

Back to normal hours

After spending 34 hours between 5 pm and 2 am on my Urgent Care rotation last week, it is a relief to be back to normal daytime hours.

It was definitely interesting to work a swing-shift sort of thing. Certainly I now have a somewhat better idea of what to expect from some of my senior year rotations, including the 4 weeks I'll spend on CCU/Urgent Care, 2.5 weeks on After Hours Wards, and various on-call nights for Surgery and Anesthesia.

However, I pretty much dropped everything besides school from my life last week -- and it was even a good thing that I didn't have any homeworks or exams to do, because I wouldn't have had time to study. Basically no quality time w/CLH, no cooking, no cleaning, no handbells, no church, no choir, and I got horribly behind on emails. In exchange, I got a decent amount of sleep since I could sleep in late every morning and not get to class until 1-2 pm!

I would never have thought, though, that I would be excited to get back to an 8 am-12 pm clinical rotation...

No comments:

Post a Comment