Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I pride myself on good judgment

Following Lilly's amputation today, I was tasked with bringing her amputated leg down to the necropsy department for disposal.

I'd hate for you not to have an accurate visual, so let me explain that this involves carrying a bloody severed limb in a translucent plastic bag through most of the hallways of the VTH, down to the necropsy cooler.

As I turned a corner to head down the final hallway toward the lab, I caught glimpse of the hospital director walking my way, followed by a gaggle of well-dressed people who were evidently getting a hospital tour.

In what I consider a moment of good judgment, I pivoted and headed back the other direction, opting to take the long way 'round rather than ambling through a group of hospital donors, gaily swinging a severed limb to and fro.

Yes, vet school beats a lot of the common sense out of you, but evidently not all of it.

2 comments:

  1. Guess vet school has given you a "leg up", eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha i just read this aloud to my friends...thanks!

    ReplyDelete