Thursday, October 13, 2011

The marathon continues

I'm halfway through my epic 19-full-work/school-days-in-a-row-with-no-breaks marathon.

It started with 7 days of the CCU swing shift (roughly 2:45-10:45 pm).

I'm now 3 days into my 7 days of the CCU day shift, and I've worked 38 hours in the last 3 days, with 4 more days to go at this pace. Ask me how that's going. (There have been tears.) PS: this shift starts at 6 am every day.

The last 5 days of the marathon will be my first week of cardiology, which I'm hoping (praying, begging, pleading) will be as laidback as I've heard. I could really use some days of showing up at 8:30 and leaving by 5 or 6. Plus, the odds of an inpatient are fairly low, so if all goes as planned, I'll actually have the weekend off once my 19-day marathon is done.

Would love to blog about what I've been doing on CCU (good and bad) but too tired. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment