Monday, March 12, 2012

Slow learner

Remember Emmie, my oh-so-naughty rock-eating retriever?

Right, the one who was seen on SAIM for her third offense of rock ingestion requiring medical or surgical intervention?

Well, unfortunately we failed to find any underlying medical condition that would explain Emmie's propensity for gobbling rocks. And we had a stern heart-to-heart with Emmie's mom about how to manage Emmie's bad habit. And it seemed to take.

But today I looked back through the records of all of my SAIM patients, including Emmie. And much to my chagrin, I noticed that Emmie was seen 3 days ago at the VTH. For surgery. For eating rocks.

Sigh. *headdesk*

Apparently Emmie's owners aren't getting it. I think they are the slow learners in this scenario. Poor Emmie!

1 comment:

  1. ugh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    *ai

    ReplyDelete