Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in Colorado and lovin' it

I've now been back in Colorado for 6 days, and after 7.5 consecutive weeks away from home this summer, I am thoroughly enjoying being back.

Let's take a look at the things I thought I would enjoy about being back in Colorado:

  • Air conditioning --- yep, loving this, especially on those muggy 90 degree days
  • Johnny & Simon --- definitely missed them and their entertaining antics; did not miss cleaning up their messes and scooping the litter boxes every day
  • Going to the grocery store --- oooh, we went on Saturday and it was really fun! Plus it was double-coupon day so we saved like $50 in discounts and coupons
  • Getting to choose what food we eat for every meal --- super awesome. After 5 weeks of the same cafeteria food, you'll find you yearn for something different... or at least a surprise
  • An awesome, 100% functional treadmill at my convenience --- ok, if we're being honest, I haven't put this to use quite yet... but I'm planning to re-start my exercise plan tomorrow morning, I swear! The 9 am start time every day means I can get up at 6:30 instead of 5:30 and still get in my running every morning (as long as I get my lazy butt out of bed instead of resetting the alarm for 7:30)
  • Sleeping in a firm, queen bed with my husband --- hmmmm... the part about the firm, queen bed is definitely true... and it's been nice to snuggle sometimes, but I do miss being able to sleep all the way through the night (not that me waking up unnecessarily is always CLH's fault - I'm sure some of it has to do with pre-capstone anxiety)
  • Variety in weather --- haven't had much time to spend outside lately, so I'll have to get back to you on that one. But I am definitely looking forward to cooler temps and changing leaves this fall, and I can't wait for winter! (Call me crazy.)
  • Orange-peach-mango juice --- pretty awesome, and certainly rocks the socks off the terrible watered down plain orange juice served at the choral festival
  • The fantastic little Windsor library --- sooooo cute and friendly! And nearby!

So as you can see, I am, in nearly all respects, still super-glad to be home. Check back with me in about March or April 2010 to see how fondly I remember everything about the choral festival and how I have once again blocked out the memories of bad mattresses and terrible food...

No comments:

Post a Comment