Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 3 of classes = CRASH

Today, my third day of classes began by getting rear-ended while driving to school.

About 30 seconds prior to the "car-car interaction," I noticed an idiot tailgating me.

As I pulled up to a stoplight, I thought to myself, He better not hit me.

Once I had nearly come to a stop, I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed the car behind me was apparently slowing down, and I thought, Good, he noticed the red light.

That thought was quickly followed by a significant physical impact between his car and mine.

I'm no expert in getting rear-ended, but it didn't feel too bad - although everything did go flying off the seats and my cell phone flew out of the pocket of my jeans and landed on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

As soon as the light turned green, I pulled off onto the side street and the guilty driver followed me.

We both got out of our cars and assessed the (fortunate lack of) damage. He was clearly a college kid also on his way to class and looked like he would start crying any minute.

After an exchange of insurance info and phone numbers, we headed on our way.

Looks like nothing is damaged, other than some cosmetic issues - scrapes on the rear bumper and a couple of light gouges from his license plate frame - and a lovely dirt reverse imprint of his license plate on my bumper. I'm glad nothing needs to be fixed, but I hope he's sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Becky! What a week... :/ Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete