Friday, September 3, 2010

What I'm SO glad I'm not doing

In my copious free time (haha) there are several blogs written by other vets or vet students that have pretty entertaining posts about the industry and what their lives are like.

For a few months I've been following this blog, written by a vet student who graduated this past spring. She's been looking for jobs and entertaining some offers, but recently announced that she's going to be opening her own new vet clinic.

Holy cow. I SO cannot imagine doing that, possibly ever, but especially as a brand new graduate who's never been in practice before. I can't even comprehend the vast number of things you have to think about and know about and prepare for and do in order to start up a business, much less a veterinary hospital.

I really hope it works out for her. For sure I will be reading her posts regularly, and I'm really interested to see how things go. I guess you never can tell where you'll end up in your career.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing more overrated than natural child birth is ownership of a small business!

    ReplyDelete