Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Awesome autumn!

(How's that for an alliteration? Take that, Professional Writing class!)

Today the administration emailed us our registration information for the fall semester. I can register on Monday at 6:40 am (which I plan to do in order to get all the sections I want).

Classes are:
  • Veterinary Ethics
  • Veterinary Preventive Medicine
  • Veterinary Pharmacology
  • Veterinary Bioanalytical Pathology
  • Veterinary Biology of Disease II
  • Veterinary Clinical Toxicology

And I'll also be taking the next course in the Business Certificate program, which is Fundamentals of Management. Plus we have to register for a 1-credit course for our Capstone exam, which will take place on the first day of classes (August 24) and cover everything from this year.

We're getting to the point in the curriculum where we have a few more choices about what day and time we want to take some of our classes. So, assuming I can register fast enough that the desirable sections don't fill up, here's my proposed fall schedule:

Monday: Class from 9-3 with no lunch break

Tuesday: Class from 9-10, break from 10-1, class from 1-3

Wednesday: Class from 9-3 with no lunch break

Thursday: Class from 9-11, break from 11-1, class from 1-3

Friday: Class from 10-11, break from 11-12, class from 12-3

I am super excited by the prospect of having NO days when I have to be at school at 8 am! Last semester we had class at 8 every day except Friday, and this semester class is at 8 every day except Tuesday and Friday. Plus I'm planning in plenty of breaks in my daily fall schedule, since I've decided that my studying is much more effective at school than at home.

Fingers crossed that all works out well with the scheduling...

2 comments:

  1. 1) Your capstone exam sounds like death. Good luck!
    2) I really appreciate that all of your classes start with the word "Veterinary." Really? Is that necessary? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I really appreciate that all of your classes start with the word "Veterinary." Really? Is that necessary? :P"

    Heck yes. The vet students would flip out if there were any sort of possible implication that we might have to learn something about human medicine! We don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete