Friday, April 10, 2009

No visit from the scholarship fairy??

Scholarship announcements from the vet school are supposed to have gone out in the mail in the last two weeks... sadly, none of them have made their way to my mailbox.

(I did get excited to see something in the mail from CSU yesterday. The good news is, my Pap smear was normal. The bad news is, no word on scholarships.)

One of my friends got an army scholarship that will fully pay for her remaining 3 years of school. Okay, so there's no way I ever want to be an army vet, but I'm still a little jealous. She also got another random scholarship that she can use to start paying back her loans.

So... it would appear I'm on my own (figuratively speaking) for next year's tuition. On the bright side, out of state tuition for next year has been raised to $46,912 (excluding books, supplies, health insurance, parking permit, room/board/living expenses, and a new $112 "loan fee").

(Let's have another brief mathematics rant: $46,912 per year / 2 semesters per year / 16 weeks per semester / 5 days per week = $293 per day of vet school. I can not comprehend how some of my classmates justify skipping their morning classes to sleep in, or missing a Friday or Monday because they were having fun skiing...)

On the non-sarcastic bright side, at least the federal government is still plenty happy to offer me a total of $61,116 in loans for next year!

1 comment:

  1. When checking out a vet school, this looks like an awesome place to begin your academic program! The True Blue Campus at St. Georges University. http://www.sgu.edu/svm/campus-facilities.html They also have a medical program!

    ReplyDelete