Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Don't forget to wake up!

My first academic task this morning was our second bacteriology exam, which was from 8-10 am but you could come and start the exam whenever you wanted. I planned to wake up at 6, exercise, and do a quick review to put some of the nitty-gritty details in short-term memory, before getting to the exam about 9. My alarm went off at 6, and then I woke up at 6:45 (with no recollection of my alarm going off). Whoa, surprise! Nothing quite like oversleeping on the morning of a big exam to get your adrenaline going and make it easy to get out of bed. Fortunately, I hadn't planned to leave the house till 8:10 anyway, so I still had time for an abbreviated jog/study session. The bacteriology exam wasn't exactly fantastic, but as we've discussed before, the most important thing is that it's over (and that I didn't sleep through it, which could have easily happened).

No comments:

Post a Comment