Saturday, April 25, 2009

Be gone, ye foul disease!

CLH had a cold last week. I have a cold this week. Can we all just say, "Yuck!"

Mine started on Tuesday with a terrible sore throat, which continued into Wednesday with no improvement.

By Thursday morning, the sore throat had subsided somewhat, but I was into the whole achy-lethargic-blurry-sneezy-congested-mucusy phase. After lunch on Thursday, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to stay at school since I wasn't learning anything through the haze in my brain. So I went home and slept for a couple hours, which didn't really help anything except making the afternoon pass faster.

I woke up yesterday feeling a bit better, especially after clearing out the evening's accumulated congestion. But things rapidly went downhill again and culminated in more misery.

Today I'm better, at least for the 1 1/2 hours I've been awake. Here's hoping the improvement continues so I can start to feel like a human being again! A couple people at school have tested positive for strep so I'm mostly just glad the sore throat aspect has been abating.

(The saddest part is that I was feeling so good about having stayed healthy all winter. I hadn't had a cold or any illness since last September, when a bug swept through the freshman class and pretty much everyone got sick. Guess I prided myself on my good health and forgot to knock on wood one too many times! A bit ironic that my cold hit during the first week when we have consistently had 80-degree temperatures...)

1 comment:

  1. "achy-lethargic-blurry-sneezy-congested-mucusy phase"

    Gross, Becky. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete