Saturday, December 19, 2009

Friday's academic highlight of the day

....was being DONE with the semester! (DONE WITH THE SEMESTER!)

The Toxicology final was not great, but I am fairly confident I got at least the minimum 43% I needed to pass the course.

I got a B on my Prev Med final, A on Clin Path, A+++ on Pharm, probably an A or B on Management, and almost passed BoD (but did well in that course overall).

Yesterday's activities, post-final exam, included running a bunch of errands in Fort Collins: stopped at the dollar store, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, Panera, Target, JC Penney, the gas station, and RedBox. Then came home to crash for awhile.

CLH made a yummy new pork tenderloin recipe for dinner, with leftover rice and green beans. Ice cream after dinner, then watched "Julie & Julia."

Slept till 10:15 this morning, when Johnny got into the bedroom and stuck his whiskers in my face. Played some Farmville, caught up on some email, and started cleaning the house (although CLH got a huge head start on this!). Organized and put away all of this semester's papers and notes. Cleaned up the corner table that holds all of our miscellaneous documents, receipts, and stuff to save. Sorted through some of the stuff that has been sitting in the corner of the kitchen for a year. Emptied the dishwasher, did some laundry, investigated why the Christmas tree keeps leaning to the left (no answer).

Tonight we have our handbell concert in Loveland at 7 pm, so I'll need to leave a little bit after 4 pm.

Tomorrow morning is extra early church choir warmup, with our Lessons & Carols service. Then helping CLH record his organ competition pieces. Then rushing home to be back in Windsor by 2 pm to warm up/set up for our handbell concert here in Windsor. Then: no more handbells until January!

Monday's exciting tasks will include cleaning the house further, preparing for in-laws to arrive on Wednesday, grocery shopping, changing litterboxes, and hopefully finally getting my Buick titled and registered in Colorado.

Mostly I'm just glad that school is over. Several of my finals ended up being a bit more stressful than I anticipated, but I think everything worked out in the end. However, I am still in that mode of "What do I have to study next??" Nothing, for awhile! Give me about 2 weeks before I get anxious to be studying again....

1 comment:

  1. Could the leaning of the tree be a result of one or two or three cats? :)

    ReplyDelete