Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday's academic highlight of the day

...was logging onto RamCT just now and discovering that I got 100% on both parts of the Pharmacology final (take-home/open-book and in-class/closed-book)! Whoo hoo!

After this morning's management exam, all that remains for this semester is the Toxicology final tomorrow morning. They gave us the option of taking it this morning or tomorrow morning, and everybody figured that no one would take it early, since we all need time to study. But evidently someone did take it today, because one of my classmates mentioned seeing someone crying afterward.... :(

Toxicology has turned out to be my iffiest class this semester. I got an 82 on the first exam, worth 40% of our grade, and 100 on the two homeworks, each worth 10% of our grade. By my calculations, that means I need to get at least a 43 on the final (worth 40% of our grade) to get a passing 70% in the class.

So I'm studying lots of toxicology today: rodenticides, avicides, biological toxins, toxic household plants, heavy metal toxicities, ionophore and urea toxicity, household toxins, and radiation toxicity. Fun, fun!

In other news, I got an 81.5 on Monday's Preventive Medicine final (which was a bit lower than I'd hoped, considering I got 100, 100, and 94 on the first three midterms). Tuesday's Clin Path results aren't up yet, although I plan to stop by and look at the answer key tomorrow after Tox. My original score of 14/26 on Monday's BoD repro exam was raised to an 18/26 (which is almost passing!) with the addition of some extra points. (But I got 100, 100, 93, 79, 100, and 94 on the first 6 exams in that class, so all's good.) No Ethics final or essay or anything like that, so I guess I'm going with a "pass" for that class.

All in all it has been a fast, though at times very boring, semester. I am greatly looking forward to seeing family and friends, doing a little bit of travel, having Christmas with a new church family, getting the house thoroughly cleaned, finding a home for Miss Daisy, and still having 2 weeks left to relax in January before classes start again!

(Now I just have to pass Tox tomorrow...)

3 comments: