Friday, April 9, 2010

Promotion!

Not only do I have a job again for next year (okay, that wasn't really in question), but I've been promoted!

Okay, fine. It's more responsibility but probably no extra recognition and possibly no extra pay.

But I will get the title of "Tour Guide Coordinator." I don't know yet exactly what I have to do, but I'm pretty sure it makes me the super awesome boss of all things tour-related.

However, I have to admit I wussed out today while I was giving tours for the VTH's annual open house. The tour scheduler announced to us tour guides who were just lounging around and being unproductive (because nobody wanted to go on a tour) that the hospital director was going to take a tour with his wife and some of their friends. I did NOT volunteer for that one. If I say something patently inaccurate in front of them, I get in trouble since I'm supposed to know better. The other guides can just explain it's their first tour ever!

Seriously, after 3 consecutive tours today, my throat is raw and my feet hurt. Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like fun. :) And I'm glad your open house went well, too! I hope we can make it out one of these years. :)

    ReplyDelete