Saturday, May 1, 2010

Finals

Ah, finals.

Finals start in a few days (Tuesday? Wednesday?).

I am not worried. I pretty much just have to pass everything (or maybe just get like a 50% or so).

It's just that time in the semester (every semester, it seems), when all motivation to do anything academically-related has gone out the window, yet that compulsive little part of me tells me I have to keep studying, try to do great on my finals, etc.

Almost (almost) makes me wish I hadn't done so well on all of my midterms. Then I'd feel like I had to do better on my finals.

Truly, I have worked hard all semester. It hasn't been an easy term. So I also don't want to blow off my finals and throw my to-this-point good grades out the window.

But SUMMER. I WANT it.

Anyhoo, here is a rundown of my upcoming 7 exams:

Biology of Disease III:
- Non-comprehensive: only covers our last 4 lectures of endocrine pathology
- Only worth 1/7 of our grade; I have 86% for the previous 5/7 of the grade
- Online; open from Tues 5/4 to Thurs 5/6

Radiology:
- Comprehensive; emphasis on recent material (cardiac radiographs)
- Worth 1/3 of our grade; I have 93.6% for the previous 2/3 of the grade
- Online; open from Wed 5/5 to Sat 5/8

Anesthesia:
- Comprehensive
- Worth 2/5 of our grade; I have 98.8% for the previous 3/5 of the grade
- In class on Thursday 5/13 (my last final!)

Business Law:
- Non-comprehensive; only covers the last 5 weeks of lecture material
- Worth 1/3 of our grade; I have 99% for the previous 2/3 of the grade
- In class on Tuesday 5/11

Shelter Medicine:
- Non-comprehensive
- Worth 1/4 of our grade; I have 100% for 1/4 of the grade and the remaining 1/2 of the grade is our project that we turned in last week
- Elective class so not ranked, meaning I just have to get 70% overall
- Online; open from Mon 5/10 to Tues 5/11
- I will not be studying for this exam! At all! How liberating!

Therio:
- Non-comprehensive (thank the Lord Almighty)
- Worth 1/3 of our grade; I have 89.8% for the previous 2/3 of the grade
- In class on Wednesday 5/12 (although the teacher just came to class yesterday and announced it was on May 15.... which is a Saturday... we set him straight)

Clin Sci II:
- Non-comprehensive; covers the last 4 weeks of respiratory disease
- Worth 1/2 of our grade; I have 90% for the previous 1/2 of the grade
- In class on Monday 5/10
- Open book! Open note! Still need to study though!

No comments:

Post a Comment