Monday, November 1, 2010

Pet peeve of the day (off-topic)

(Disclaimer: I love having a blog. One of the neatest things about your own blog is that you can choose to write about whatever you want. Sure, the general topic of my blog is vet school, but now I'm going to write a post about something completely unrelated, and I can, because it's my blog. When you have a blog, you too can write whatever you want. So there!)

I got all riled up today during a midday trip to the grocery store. (I wanted to hit up the discounted post-Halloween sale candy and was particularly in search of candy corn, because I'm going to make these cute cupcakes for our next bake sale, that have yellow frosting with candy corn all around the edges to make a sun. But I digress.)

As I pulled into the supermarket parking lot, lo! I espied a prime spot almost immediately adjacent the door.

There was a woman parked into the spot next to my desired parking location. She had just finished loading her groceries from her cart into her car. As I waited patiently not 10 feet away, the woman pushed her empty shopping cart into the space I was waiting for, and leisurely strolled around to the other side of her vehicle and got in.

Now, come on.

The spot this woman had parked in was literally the second closest non-handicapped parking spot to the entrance to the grocery store. The spot I was aiming for was the closest spot, aside from its adjoining handicapped spot, which was now also semi-blocked by this woman's cart.

I cannot stand it when people do this.

How difficult is it for you to walk the extra 20 feet to bring the cart back to the store entrance? Or even to walk the 10-15 feet away from the store to bring the cart to the nearest "cart corral"?

Why block not one but TWO free, desirable parking spots, one of which is a handicapped spot??!!

What is wrong with people?

(Okay, time to step off the soapbox. Just don't let it happen again, lazy, irritating woman!)

No comments:

Post a Comment