Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Box Office Answer of the Day

[I'm mid-way through a ticket order on the phone when the second line starts to ring. I put Caller #1 on hold and answer the other line.]

Me: Blah blah blah Box Office, this is Becky.

Caller #2: Yes, I'd like to reserve two tickets for Saturday night.

Me: Okay. I've got someone on the other line, can you hold for just a minute?

Caller #2: I'd be delighted.

[Yes, that was with total sincerity. I finished up with Caller #1 and returned asap to the oh-so-polite Caller #2 to complete what I knew would be a pleasant ticket purchase.]

I'd be delighted. You get brownie points with me, Mr. Caller #2! Now you just have to teach your ticket-purchasing brethren to follow your example, and my job will be much easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment