Monday, November 2, 2009

In other news

PVM 2012 had a bake sale today - it looked to be pretty successful, judging by the amount of food they started with and how much they had remaining after an hour. I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bars and also brought in the leftover chocolate covered cookie dough.

We got out early of most of our classes today. Score! We had two hours of Clin Path back to back this morning, but the prof thought we only had 1 hour, so she rushed through all the material then suddenly realized she had a whole 'nother hour to fill.

It was CLH's b-day yesterday. I think he had a good birthday - I know I had fun. I made an ice cream cake and we did a treasure hunt around the house to find all of his 22 presents (15 of which were ties). Then we played the hilarious game of matching new ties to his existing dress shirts. Fun times.

Simon gets to go in next Wednesday to donate blood again. And the hair on his neck has finally just grown back in all the way! He is due for his rabies shot on 11/24 and I'm debating when to make his appt for that - don't want to bring him in too close to the blood donation and put more stress on his system.

Three weeks of class until Thanksgiving break! SO looking forward to that. Flying down to AZ, which should be a good time.

Our new mortgage company (since Taylor Bean went under) wants to raise our mortgage payment again, so that we will be putting more $$ in escrow. Bummer, since we just raised it in August after we'd been paying it for a year and knew more accurately what our expenses would be.

My new favorite, and addicting, game is Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. (Yes, I still love FarmVille.) Whoever came up with the idea of 60-second games is a genius.

My wrist is still sore. Can't quite tell if it's better from the 6 days of wearing a splint 24/7, or if it's just sore in different ways. I have an appt with the hand doctor at student health for Nov 11, so I'll have to see how things go and maybe cancel that appt if all is well.

We didn't get all that many trick-or-treaters this weekend. Last year we had maybe 50 pieces of candy that were gone in 20 minutes. So, we have a bunch of leftover Reese's PB cups, orange colored Kit Kats, Take 5 bars, and mini Hershey's bars. Gee, bummer!

I went to Target this afternoon and managed to leave without buying more than a single bag of on-sale Halloween candy (which I plan to use for baking). Good for me!

All of our snow from last week's blizzard has melted, leaving the ground muddy and gross and covered with rotting leaves. Lovely. At least it's slightly warmer now (40s today, up in the 50s for a few more days this week), and we don't have to watch the snow stick around and turn grey and yucky from all the dirt.

This blog is awesome. Although, the writer clearly tends to put some thought into her posts, as opposed to this blog.

Not sure I'm a fan of daylight savings time (or regular time, or whichever time we're on right now - I never can figure that out). It's nice that it's lighter in the morning, but frankly I don't care about that all that much. I'm never out of the house before 8 anyway (except on Sundays). I am bummed, though, that it's now dark at 5:15 pm. Would rather have that extra hour of sunshine in the evening rather than the morning!

CLH starts musical practice at his school next week. They are doing "Bye Bye Birdie." Should be awesome, as all high school musicals are!

Sort of having an urge to put up the Christmas tree and decorations, but making myself wait until after Thanksgiving (at which point the cats will only have a month or so of opportunities to destroy the tree and get GI foreign bodies).

That's probably enough random thoughts for one dreary Monday...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, thanks for the shoutout, Becky! Your captive audience reads your blog regardless of how much thought you put into it, however.

    Just kidding, we really do enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete