Friday, November 27, 2009

Post-Thanksgiving reality

Thanksgiving week was fun. I loved the time off. I packed some school things in my bag and brought them to Phoenix and never looked at them once.

But the sad truth is, the semester ain't over yet! A nine-day-long break is great, but we still have two weeks of classes with finals looming about 17 days away.

It sure is hard to get back into academic, study mode after having a week of family, friends, food, and fun. (I didn't go on Farmville once for 4.5 days, ha, aren't you pround of me?!)

I'm somewhat dreading the time, tomorrow or Sunday, when I will have to dig into my stack of notes and textbooks and get back down to business. I've got several quizzes due on 12/11, one due 12/1, an online exam between 11/30 and 12/2 (actually do need to study for that one). Ethics readings. Preventive Medicine discussion board to catch up on. Some serious renal pathology to review. Need to find my Clin Path notes from the beginning of the semester. I'm planning on 6 finals, two of which will be comprehensive (and a semester-long cumulative Pharmacology exam is a scary proposition). An Ethics final is still up in the air.

Mostly I just want to get the next 3 weeks over with, so I can settle into a month of relaxation and rejuvenation and get nice and eager to start learning and studying again in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment