Saturday, December 13, 2008

Can I just take my finals now??

Not surprisingly, I've always disliked the week/weekend before final exams. But this year, it's not so much that I'm really worried about my finals, or that I'm borderline failing my classes, or anything like that. I think my problem this semester is just that my brain says, "It's almost finals week!" and my reflex is to say, "Time to stress out!"

I've been vacillating between two main moods. The first mood is the usual feeling of panic/stress/anxiety that I have 5 enormous exams coming up in a 3 day period. The second mood is a huge desire to just take my exams now and get it over with. I've got fairly solid A's in all of my classes (borderline A/B in physiology), so I could pretty much get something like a 50% on each of my finals and still pass all my classes. But the ol' reflex says, "Freak out! Freak out!" I've still got a little of that lingering feeling of must-get-an-A-on-everything, which I have for the most part learned to ignore this semester.

Anyhow, what I've got coming up is the comprehensive physiology final (difficult) on Monday morning, comprehensive accounting final (ridiculously easy - I need a 6% if I want an A in the class) on Monday evening. comprehensive histology final (probably not going to do great on it but don't really care) on Tuesday morning, immunology final online while I'll probably take on Tuesday afternoon, and non-comprehensive anatomy final on Thursday morning.

So the plan is:
Sunday = study physiology
Monday = study immunology/histology in the p.m. after the phys final is over
Tuesday = study anatomy at home
Wednesday = study anatomy at school
Thursday = huge sigh of relief at approximately 12:15 pm

4 1/2 days till I'm done... I can do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment