Friday, December 12, 2008

Last day of classes, Fall 2008

Today was the last day of fall semester classes, meaning I have officially concluded the instructional portion of 1/8 of vet school (although final exams still remain).

Usually, at least in undergrad, the last day of classes has come as a relief, a grateful sigh that "Thank goodness [fill in the blank - Organic Evolution, Hispanic Literature, etc.] is finally over." But the end of this semester has seemed a little bittersweet. First, it doesn't quite feel like the end, especially since I know I'll be coming back to the same classrooms, sitting with the same students, and seeing many of the same profs in just another month. But I'm also a bit sad to see the end of some of my classes. Anatomy has always been engaging and fairly entertaining. Physiology is fun because nobody ever knows what's going to come out of the professor's mouth next. Etc, etc. Will I be sad to see the end of Principles of Diagnostic Imaging? Not so much.

It seems like this past semester flew by. Weren't we just all getting to know each other a few weeks ago, or has it really been four months? I did think I would know more of my 134 classmates' names by now... but hey, there's always the next 7 semesters.

While I'm somewhat reluctant to bid this semester adieu, some of next semester's classes sound pretty fascinating. The courses I can look forward to over break are:

-Neurobiology
-Professional Writing for Veterinarians
-Biology of Disease I
-Food Animal Production & Food Safety
-Bacteriology & Mycology
-Virology & Parasitology
-Nutrition & Metabolism
-Fundamentals of Finance (business certificate elective)

So it should be interesting. And one step closer to those 3 coveted initials after my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment