Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pajama Day

The vet students (at least this year's freshman class) have a thing about "theme days." We've had a theme for each of our anatomy exams -- the first exam was "funny hat day," complete with some pretty ridiculous headwear. The second exam was right before the vet school Halloween party, so people wore Halloween costumes. The third exam was "prom day," with guys dressing in suits or tuxes and girls in formal or semi-formal attire. (Yes, that includes wearing your very nicest clothes for an exam that was 75% looking at dripping, bloody specimens in the gross lab.)

Yesterday was probably my favorite day of all - Pajama Day! Several people (both male and female) wore some very fabulous, vibrantly patterned onesies (complete with attached feet, but sadly lacking butt flaps). I went with grey sweat pants, an old T-shirt, and a cozy sweatshirt, along with my fuzzy socks and booties that I changed into at school. It was the first time I had worn these particular booties, and they turned out to be AWESOME! Snug around the ankles so your ankles don't get cold, and really well padded on the bottom. I think I might bring them back to school after Christmas break and wear them more regularly.

Last Friday (the last day of classes) was "Tacky Holiday Sweater Day," and wow are there ever some tacky holiday sweaters hiding in my classmates' closets. Unfortunately, I did not have a tacky holiday sweater to wear... I also have nothing appropriate for this Thursday's theme: the 80's. But, I know I can count on my classmates to pull out all the stops and liven up the somber testing environment a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment