Sunday, February 15, 2009

12 hours

Just under 12 hours to go until the kick-off of The Day Of Very Alarming Exams.

Our first neuro exam starts at 9 am. Normally we have an hour of lecture at 9 then two hours of lab from 10 till noon. So that means that we have 3 hours allotted to take this exam tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't take quite that long... (To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that worried about this exam... I like neuro, and I pretty much "get" it. Plus all the neuro profs are repeats from last semester, so I know how they'll write their exam questions.)

But our first parasitology exam is at 2 pm tomorrow. If you've read anything on this blog in the last 4 weeks, you probably know how I feel about parasitology. This exam will cover ectoparasites (ticks, mites, lice, fleas, and flies) plus some protozoans (apicomplexans, flagellates, and hemoprotozoans). Frankly, it could go either way... either the exam is easier than we've all been anticipating, or it's worse than our scariest nightmares...

We all figure there really aren't two worse exams to put together on the same day.

In other news, last week's nutrition/metabolism exam went phenomenally well, and I'm feeling pretty good about Friday's finance exam too, although we don't have our scores yet. I'm about 4 chapters into "Fast Food Nation" and starting to think my way through my book report, though it's not due for another 6 weeks or so. Parasitology quizzes, neurology practice cases, and assignments in writing class have all gone well. So stay tuned for what I hope will be positive news after tomorrow's trials and tribulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment