Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you ever...

Do you ever have something that you really, really don't want to do, so you do everything else you can think of, a whole bunch of things that are really unimportant at the moment, to avoid doing the thing you don't want to do?

Oh. Uh.... me neither.

But seriously, sometimes there is an assignment or an exam that I just cannot make myself study for.

Case in point: tomorrow's Biology of Disease exam.

Should I be studying? Absolutely! Do I want to? Absolutely not!

For the last few weeks, we freshman students have been enveloped with a low-grade but annoyingly persistent level of stress, due to a serious of first exams spaced out at regular, unrelenting intervals. It's been nothing overwhelming --- just enough stress that you can never completely relax. Or, if you do manage to relax, you still have the nagging suspicion that you are wasting valuable time that should be used for studying.

So instead of studying, what do you do?
  • Oh, the kitchen is such a mess. Better fill up the dishwasher and wash the pots and pans. Need to clean the counters too.
  • Hey, the cats' nails seem a little long. Must be time to clip them. While you're at it, they've been shedding a lot lately, so they should be brushed for awhile.
  • We just had a parasitology exam last week, and it was pretty hard... now would be a great time to start a study guide for the next exam, even though it's multiple weeks away.
  • They just opened a survey about nominating faculty members for awards! The deadline's not for quite awhile, but there's no time like the present...
  • Time to run that one book I just finished back to the library.
  • Enjoy posting on your blog? I think it's time for a post right now.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.

Bottom line: I better keep writing stuff, or I'll have no other choice but to actually start studying... BOO! Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment