Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MOUSE!!!

So I was sitting alone in good old Cube H at the end of lunch today, minding my own business, and trying to avoid going to Biology of Disease for as long as possible, when my rostral colliculus (yes, I am a NERD) oriented my head and eyes toward a sudden movement on the floor under a desk nearby.

Wow, I thought. That looks like a mouse. Ha ha, it's obviously not a mouse.

A few seconds pass.

Yes, it is.

A totally cute little brown/grey mouse with enormous ears! The thing was about 1 1/2 inches long, plus tail. It was evidently taking shelter in a little crack where the wall meets the floor. It was at an exterior wall, so I think it might have snuck in from the outside somehow.

The poor thing was really scared and shy. Anytime I moved, it would immediately scurry back into its little hidey hole. When I stood really, really still, it got brave enough to run most of the way across the room. I didn't really want it to go running down the hallway, so I started moving again and it went back to its little place.

But apparently there is someone in charge of pest control for the building, who will be "taking care of it." :-( Poor little mouse! Just because it might carry all sorts of contagious bacteria and viruses, doesn't mean it isn't cute!

2 comments:

  1. Update: the pest control lady came in and set a trap for the mouse... the kind of trap that isn't very kind to the mouse's future. :-( But she assures us he will have a quick death. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send the pest control lady to us to take care of the oppossum lurking on our deck in the dark last night...pretty creepy looking fat boy

    ReplyDelete