Friday, February 27, 2009

Johnny felt weird

Most nights, the cats get shut out of the bedroom so that we humans can actually try to get some sleep. And most nights, I end up waking up sometime in the early morning to go to the bathroom. The usual routine is that by the time I get out of bed and into the hallway, Simon is waiting there for me, and he follows me into the bathroom. If I leave the bedroom door open, Simon will run ahead of me and into the bedroom when I try to go back in, so I usually push the door mostly shut when I get up. That way, if Simon sneaks in, I'll know because the door will be open.

Note that, usually, Johnny plays no role in this whole nighttime interaction.

So this morning I woke up at 4:30 a.m., met Simon in the hallway, went to the bathroom, went back to the bedroom, making sure to keep Simon outside, shut the door, and got back in bed. Much to my surprise, there was something furry and warm under the covers where my feet are supposed to go.

Yes, it was Johnny who evidently snuck into the bedroom while I was in the bathroom. He made himself quite comfortable in his favorite spot, at the foot of the bed under multiple layers of blankets. It is so weird, because he is usually too lazy to even get out of bed (he sleeps on the guest room bed) when I get up in the night. He must have been feeling really lonely and wanted to snuggle. Normally I'd kick him out, but he seemed so desperate that I took pity and let him stay till CLH got up at 5 a.m. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment