Monday, January 18, 2010

Reflections on 2009 (Part 2)

2/4/09: Ah, parasitology. Ah, tenesmus. Ah, hilarity provided by my classmates. Good times.

2/4/09: Had forgotten about this awesome hymn sung at last year's Congregational church. Sadly, this year's Episcopal church just doesn't seem to enjoy hymns with quite the same lyrics.

2/4/09: The unfortunate yet inevitable realization that parasitology is terrible. Pity it took me two whole weeks to reach that conclusion.

2/5/09: Man, the treasure trove of jokes I am rediscovering with this reflection!

2/5/09: Cuterebra nightmare! So vivid...

2/5/09: Who knew how awesome our refrigerator situation was last year: a full-size fridge to share among the class, plus mini-fridges in each of the cubes - now just reduced to a single full-size fridge for all the sophomore vet students and anybody else in the pathology building who wants to use it

2/9/09: Ah, "caseopurulent." To think how far I've come since then.

2/9/09: Maybe the reason people think sophomore year is depressing is that we don't get to do randomly fun things like write haiku anymore.

2/9/09: This post about the cats is still totally accurate.

2/10/09: Well, it's now been almost FOUR years and I still like CLH!

2/10/09: Most of these still apply. Still love NPR. Still like to get up and exercise before class (though not at 5:30 am anymore, hopefully). Still go to the grocery store with CLH, and haven't thought about American Idol in forever!

2/11/09: This post is apparently still accurate for the third semester of vet school.

2/11/09: The further I get in the curriculum, the more I wish I knew more Latin.

2/16/09: Oh, Dr. Parasitology Professor. The crazy things you put us through. So glad you are all gone from our future curriculum (mostly).

2/18/09: A rare moment of insight among a smattering of random posts! Another post that is still true this year.

2/18/09: Let's evaluate the cats' progress in the last 11 months: Now they are shut out of the bedroom every night. They still shred toilet paper like crazy but haven't had an opportunity to shred paper towels in recent memory. They drag stuff around with regularity but are getting better about staying off the counters. Due to an ingenious booby trap consisting of a half-full giant pot of water sitting atop the kitchen garbage can, and a gallon of paint weighting down the bottom of the can, we rarely have trash mishaps.

2/21/09: My only comment about this post is that chocolate chip raspberry walnut muffins are AWESOME.

2/23/09: Happy with my grades. While applying for a scholarship during the last couple weeks, I discovered that my class ranks have been steadily improving each semester. Go me!

2/25/09: Aw, I haven't seen any mice in this year's pathology building. Hope my little buddies in the cubes are having a good 09-10 year.

2/25/09: "Low-grade but annoyingly persistent level of stress" - that pretty much sums up vet school as I understand it.

2/27/09: Have now learned to shut the bedroom door completely behind me when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment