Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Algonquin, Popcorn Kernel, and Ostrich Egg, oh my!

Paint colors are really funny. They can't call it "tan" or "beige" or "light tan" or "off white" or anything simple like that. Here are some of the names of paint colors on the paint chips that I got for the bedroom project:

Algonquin [is that politically correct?]
Ostrich Egg
Tumbleweed
Acapulco Sand
Maple Sugar
Popcorn Kernel
Graham Cracker
Milo [what?]
Sinatra [double "what?"]
Pale Tan [okay, that one is pretty reasonable]
Pumpkin Spice
Teresa's Tan [why can't I have paint named after me?]
Caramel Sauce
Slate Brown [I think I'm getting dyslexic because I first read it as "Stale Brown"]
Informal Ivory
Cornerstone [that's ours! hooray!]
Sensible Hue [it was hard to turn that one down in favor of an insensible hue, but I managed]
Adobe White
Heavy Cream [too fattening]
Spiced Vinegar [ew]
Warm Buff [that sounds dirty]
Filoli Antique Lace [a.k.a. tan]
Churchill Hotel Ecru
Popcorn Ball
Cracked Wheat
Riviera Sand
Princess Ivory [in case you need something fancier than "Informal Ivory"]
Sand Dollar White
Bagel [with cream cheese, please]
Artesian White
Woodwind
Western Sunset [you'd think it would be orange, not tan]
Classic Oat
Sable Sand
Earth Tone
Ginger Spice [I wonder what color the other Spice Girls are...]

And yes, those are all shades of white/tan/light brown. Do you think people get paid to come up with this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment