Thursday, January 1, 2009

1 semester down, 7 to go

Final grades were put up last week, and, as expected, I passed all my classes. (Fortunately no surprises there.) I find it both disconcerting and a relief to not get a letter grade, except in Accounting. On the one hand, it's nice not to be worrying about the nitty-gritty details and whether I got an A or an A- and how that will affect my GPA, but on the other hand it would be nice to know whether I'm in the high B/low A range, the low B/high C range, etc. I think I mostly got A's with probably a B in physiology, but in any case, passing is all that matters at this point! (A little scary, isn't it?)

It has been totally great to not study at all for... two full weeks now! (And time has flown - thank goodness our break is a full month, because it's already half gone.) I told myself it would be a great idea to spend some of this extra time over the holidays reviewing last semester's material and maybe filling out some more of the study guides to make future studying less complicated... however, the motivation to actually drag out the textbooks and get back into it is rather lacking. But with the hubbie heading back to work on Monday, I'll have a lot more alone time and maybe some of that can be turned toward productive academic work. (We'll have to see how that goes... stay tuned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment