Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back to bloggin'

So life has gotten a little busy since my last post.... but I'm back!

Last Thursday was our last day of classes before spring break, and as such, it was entirely unproductive. More like trying to stay awake just enough to make sure you didn't miss any crucial piece of information a professor might throw out there.

On Friday, CLH drove me down to the Denver airport where I proceeded to enjoy a 100% on-time flight to Minneapolis-St Paul. (A+ to United!) Mom & Dad ferried me to Rochester for a relaxing yet activity-filled weekend.

Highlights of Saturday included a trip to Lake City to see my sister's college choir give a concert. (They rock! Check them out: http://concordiachapelchoir.com/.)

Sunday included listening to my dad's choir at church perform the Faure "Requiem"... pretty well, actually.

There was plenty of time for vegetating in front of the computer and TV. (TV! My old friend! Now I remember what it was once like to have about 10 functional channels, merely 9 months ago! And full cable access at ASU, only 2 years before that! Ah, how my productivity has soared since moving to Colorado...) Mom showed me a new game: http://www.puzzle-shikaku.com/. Thanks a ton for that, Mom!

The weather was nice all weekend. We spent plenty of time with my poor old grandma (hangin' in there but not 100%...). Throw in several meals of Dad's homemade chili, three pairs of newly hemmed pants to take home, and a second on-time flight back to Denver (A+ to Frontier!) and you've got a good trip.

But anyway, after Monday's travels including....
- 70-75 minute drive from Rochester to the airport
- 60 minutes waiting in the airport for the plane to board
- 96 minutes on the plane
- 70 minutes waiting in the airport for CLH to come get me
- 1 hour and 50 minutes driving home from Denver (including 45 minutes sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic... was it really my idea to drive home during rush hour??)
.... my butt was tired and I was definitely glad to get back home.

So then, of course, we woke up at 5 am on Tuesday to drive to Fort Morgan! Highlights of that trip include a Tuesday morning nap from 8-10 am, beautiful weather, sitting on a bench outside the library and reading for an hour, getting CLH's high school choir concert over with (they did a great job, mostly), sleeping for 12.5 hours on Tuesday night, finally applying for a Colorado driver's license (and successfully completing the eye test, which is always the scariest part), and finally getting to come home for good this afternoon.

I am totally thrilled to now be back in my own house and my own routine, even though merely 4 days remain of what once seemed like it would be a fantastically endless spring break.

Additional goals for spring break include:
- Actually studying. (I have a big list of things I wanted to do, school-wise, and I have tackled approximately... zero of them thus far.)
- Taking Johnny to get his vaccines (now that his bowels seem to finally be a bit happier)
- Figuring out more car stuff, possibly including but not limited to a Colorado title, Colorado registration, Colorado license plates, and Colorado insurance (why the heck do they make this stuff so complicated?)
- Researching stethoscopes (I need one at some point, and birthdays are approaching!)
- Continuing the exercise/jogging program (the scale that was so helpfully placed in the lobby of the driver's license office was not especially kind today)
- Actually framing and hanging up some of those pictures that I had printed over Christmas break (me, procrastinate? no way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment