Saturday, March 28, 2009

Brain... feels... sloooowww....

As I sit here wasting time on my blog, I know I should be writing my book report. It's due in 5 days. I've known about it since the beginning of January. I finished the book weeks ago. There's nothing keeping me from writing it, except.... writing seems SO hard!

Last fall, and probably in my last couple semesters at ASU, I wasn't really required to write anything. Sure, I did worksheets, homework assignments, lab reports... but nothing requiring eloquence. I think I'm still a good writer, deep down inside. But man, am I out of practice.

I'm a little over two pages into my report (max of 5 pages, thank goodness), and the first paragraph was just painful to write. I knew in my head what I wanted to say, but the words on the page weren't write (and still aren't). Thankfully, as I've plowed through it, the words have come more easily and seem to make more sense and sound less awkward. But who'd have thought the part of my brain responsible for good writing would have withered away so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment