Monday, March 23, 2009

Coveralls make an awesome fort

We're having our first Food Animal Production & Food Safety field trip on Friday, where we'll be visiting a food animal production operation and thus need to arrive dressed in coveralls and boots. For the large and mixed animal students, this is no big deal. For us small animal folks, we are all feeling pretty silly right about now as we prepare to meet with the rest of the class on Friday dressed in our brand-spanking-new coveralls and shiny new boots.

I'm not especially eager to spend much money on garments that I won't be using much at all until the minimum required large animal rotations in my junior and senior years, so I was glad that a friend gave me a pair of coveralls that had shrunk in the dryer and no longer fit her. I brought them home today and dropped them on the floor (intending their location to be temporary).

Much to my surprise, Johnny & Simon have decided that coveralls lying in a heap on the carpet make an awesome hiding place. They took turns crawling inside the bib part and down toward the legs, then turning around and poking their faces out. I swear Simon was lying in there for what was apparently too much time, because Johnny came over and meowed at him, like "Get out of there, it's time for me to have a turn!" They are too funny sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. I bought Larry a pair of bright red coveralls at the Good Will store--he actually wears them; it doesn't seem to bother the already squirrely pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, this is the BEST story ever! I wear my overalls every now and then and they're fantastic. You should whip em out sometime just to look awesome... P.S. Thanks for the post about Fargo! I'd comment there but I'm already commenting here...so I'll just stick to one. I'll try to keep future comments less superfluous, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overalls are pretty cool. Coveralls are not quite the same thing, though. :-) Definitely not something you'd wear just as an everyday sort of garment. Think more rustic than that.

    Since my coveralls came from a friend who is significantly taller than me, they are not exactly my size and thus look a little silly. But hey, just how much time am I going to be spending in them anyway??

    ReplyDelete