Thursday, March 19, 2009

Breeds exam... done!

I am finally finished with the last of our three "breeds exams" that we had to complete during freshman year. Basically, each "exam" involved identifying breeds of animals based on online pictures. You don't get any points for completing the exam, but you have to do it anyway and you lose points if you don't do it by the deadline.

For the first breeds exam, I learned all about breeds of dogs and horses. (Ok, I already knew every one of the dog breeds and many more that weren't included, but about the only horse I could ID was the Arabian...)

The second breeds exam was actually more like a species exam. You had to learn what a hamster, gerbil, rat, chinchilla, etc looks like as well as some species of pet birds.

The third breeds exam covered 12 breeds of beef cattle (including the "Brangus," which just sounds like a redneck who needs a grammar lesson), 4 breeds of dairy cattle, 8 breeds of sheep, 19 breeds of cats (fortunately I already knew most of the names, if not exactly what they looked like), and differentiating between South American camelids (llamas, alpacas, guanacos, and vicunas).

I am proud to say I passed the test with a score of 100%, and I even have it done almost a month ahead of time. One more thing I can check off my giant spring break to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment