Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to school

The first day back from spring break is nearly over and was pretty uneventful. Last night I was all pumped to get back to the daily grind, but my enthusiasm was markedly decreased when my alarm went off at 5:25 this morning. Surprisingly, though, I made it out of bed by 5:35 and started feeling the endorphins on the treadmill by 6. (Thank goodness for endorphins, the body's morphine!)

It was nice to see my classmates again and feel not quite so isolated from being stuck in Windsor all week. Classes, unfortunately, did not get much more interesting over the break. We did get to dissect a dog ear in neurobiology lab, and got an extra free hour since the professor couldn't get the presentation to work for the second half of lab. Lunch (a.k.a. finance class) was followed by our first 2 hours of virology, which was more pleasant than parasitology but less pleasant than eating a piece of chocolate cake and taking a nap (which is what I would have rather been doing). The virology prof seems nice and very enthusiastic, which helps. He hasa somewhat pronounced Indian accent which means you have to make a focused effort to understand him.

But overall it was a good day, and I tried to use my free time pretty wisely to start studying for next week's big neuro and BioDz exams. On to Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment