Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...

My desire for more snow this season was fulfilled... in exchange for which my commute to school (normally 25 minutes) was extended to 70 minutes this morning. Good thing my exams are tomorrow, not today. Frankly, we got less than an inch of snow, but by some natural phenomenon, it got packed into what basically amount to sheer ice by the time I hit the roads at 8 am. I almost didn't make it up the hill toward I-25, and I spent several minutes spinning my tires before I got all the way up the off-ramp into Fort Collins. (While images flashed through my head of how I'd get my car off the road if it refused to go, and if it would be safe to hitchhike the remaining 4 miles to school. Answer = sure! People are nice here.)

But at least it was pretty! And not freakishly warm out - though the snow pretty much all melted by the end of the day. Here's hoping tomorrow's commute is a bit more normal.

2 comments:

  1. if you had lots of floor mats in your car you could line them up the hill for traction... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that also sounds like an awesome tip for if you ever got your minivan stuck in a ditch in Mantorville! I'll keep it in mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete