Friday, March 27, 2009

Can I run 2 miles?

Heck yes, I can! I am proud to say that today, for the first time ever in my life, I jogged for two miles without stopping, and I didn't even fall over or have a heart attack or anything afterward! I have always sort of hated running and jogging. Doing "the mile" in middle school gym class was pretty much the most dreaded event of my middle school years. But it is pretty cool to finally have worked hard enough and persisted long enough to be able to do something that may not seem remarkable to some of you, but that I consider pretty awesome for myself.

The vet school has a 5K run / 1K walk called "The Fast and the Furriest" scheduled for April 18. I hope to be there, running my first 5K ever! (Okay, I will probably walk for at least part of it... but I'm excited to give it a try.) It's a fundraiser for the vet school and a program that helps animals seen at the VTH who needs emergency care - a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment