Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flu-free so far (knock on wood)

My sick friend returned to school yesterday. She looked utterly miserable although she swore she had not been febrile since Saturday. And we all prayed she was no longer contagious.

I am sporting a freshly sore triceps muscle after yesterday's seasonal flu shot. Yes, almost all the current flu cases are H1N1, and no, yesterday's vaccine doesn't protect against that at all, but surely it must give me some sort of psychological protection? Besides, if I've not gotten the flu yet after sitting near a diseased classmate for days, I must already have some antibodies floating around.

I am a bit suspicious that I've been fighting off something subclinical. On Sunday night, I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 pm while we were watching TV. CLH woke me up about 8:30 and sent me to bed, where I slept solidly till 6:30 am. I slept another 9 hours last night and even slept through both of my alarms this morning. I definitely chugged down some Airborne OJ this morning.

Big exams coming up in the next 7 days (our first Preventive Medicine exam, first Bioanalytical Path exam, first Tox exam, and third BoD exam). Not a good time to be ill!

No comments:

Post a Comment