Thursday, September 24, 2009

Saturdays aren't for sleeping in, anyway

I hope I've enjoyed my last few lazy Saturdays when I got to sleep in pretty much as late as I wanted. (Ok, last Saturday I woke up at the reasonable hour of 9:30 am, but I did stay in bed reading until 11...)

Starting this Saturday, I have Things To Do on the weekend (all in the mornings!):

9/26: Trip to the Denver Zoo with the vet school Behavior Club. A behind-the-scenes tour and talk about some neat things about how they socialize and train the animals for handling, medical procedures, etc.

10/3: Volunteering for the 5K hosted by the One Health Club (which advocates health for humans, animals, and the environment). The issue for the day is going to be human and canine obesity, with blood pressure checks and BMI calculations for humans, and vet students (including me) performing brief physicals and body condition scores on the doggies.

10/10: This is going to be the killer early morning. I will be helping out with our new church's Blessing of the Animals / Festival of the Animals event. CLH will be proctoring the SAT at his school which means he needs to be there at 7:15 am. (And yes, it's down in Denver.)

I suppose I won't be sleeping in on Sunday instead of Saturdays, since we have to leave for church between 7:15 and 7:30 every Sunday morning....

Ah, well, this is why I picked the 10:40 lab instead of the 8:00 am lab on Friday mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment