I now have a temporary replacement driver's license, new VTH ID badge, new CSU ID card, new debit cards, and new credit card. Still pending are: new checks, actual driver's license, and library card.
Shall we do a tacky imitation of the MasterCard commercials? Why, yes, we shall!
- Cost of replacing my driver's license = $21
- Cost of replacing my VTH ID badge = $10
- Cost of replacing my CSU ID card = $25
- Cost of the cash stolen from my purse = $15-25
- Cost of the fraudulent activity with my credit card, debit cards, and checks = $0
- Cost of cancelling my Visa card and getting a new one = $0
- Cost of closing both of our checking accounts and reopening new ones = $0
- Cost of cancelling my 2 debit cards and getting new ones = $0
- Cost of getting replacement checks for both of the new accounts = $0
- Value of almost being myself again in less than a week = priceless!
(Can you tell I am pleased with Wells Fargo this time? They have made up for the out-of-state condo purchase mayhem of last summer....)