Thursday, October 1, 2009

1 scary exam down, 2 (3?) more to go

Today's terrifying-exam-of-the-day was our first Preventive Medicine exam. It covered about 5 weeks of material, about half of which was statistics. (Ugh. Did I mention yet that I already took statistics as an undergrad and I don't like it?!)

The exam went okay, but I'm pretty sure I got somewhere around a B although I would have liked to do better. The best part is that we are now done with lectures on statistics (although we still have some statistics material on our second exam, coming up in two weeks --- after that, I hope to be done forever).

This weekend, I'll be spending plenty of time prepping for the 3 exams occurring on Monday and Tuesday:
  1. Bioanalytical Pathology ("Clin Path") on Monday: our first exam, covering 6 weeks of material with 6 hours of lecture/lab every week; includes material that we will be learning tomorrow (way to wait till the last minute, dudes); will require the integration of a lot of different pieces of material that we haven't necessarily had much practice putting together
  2. Toxicology ("Tox") on Tuesday: our first exam, covering 6.5 weeks of material; the first half of the lectures were given by a random, off-the-wall, disorganized prof; the second half of the lectures were given by a more organized but overly informative prof who has not really clarified how much of the pages and pages of info he actually expects us to know for the test
  3. Biology of Disease ("BoD"): our third exam, covering a mere two weeks of cardiology; I am not really worried about this one because I got 100% on the first two exams and I am pretty sure I understand how the prof asks questions and what she expects us to know (this is a great class); this exam is online so I can take it anytime between 5 pm Monday and 5 pm Wednesday -- I'm thinking I'll do it Tuesday afternoon once Tox is out of the way

The following week (October 12), I get to look forward to our second Pharm exam, and believe you me, I am certainly glad at this point that the first exam was a breeze, because the second will surely be a struggle. Thankfully, I'll have a solid 5.5-6 days next week to study for nothing but Pharm.

Our second PrevMed exam is coming up on Oct. 15. Shouldn't be too tough since it'll only cover 2-3 weeks of info.

All that, and I'm still glad I'm not a freshman again! Poor, poor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment