Friday, October 9, 2009

The Pharmacology study plan

....is revealed!

Our 2nd, and much scarier, Pharmacology exam is on Monday afternoon.

Now, granted, I got 15/15 on our first and only quiz, and 28/29 on the first exam. So it's not like I have to ace this exam or I'm in big trouble.

But I would really like to do well on Pharm, especially in light of the horror of this past Tuesday's Toxicology exam.

The fundamental basis of the Study Plan is an intense and overwhelming production and review of flash cards.

Thus far I've made flashcards for almost all of the autonomic nervous system pharmacology (ANS basics, cholinergic agonists and antagonists, adrenergic agonists and antagonists, ganglionic blockers, and neuromuscular junction blockers). That is about 120 flash cards. I'm doing really well on the ANS basics and cholinergic agonists. I'm doing moderately well on cholinergic antagonists. I just started the other ones today.

The rest of this evening includes:
  • Critical care autonomic drugs
  • Possibly starting on antiarrhythmics

Tomorrow morning's trip to Denver will include:

  • A review of all the flash cards I've made so far
  • Hopefully finishing up the antiarrhythmic flash cards

Tomorrow afternoon and evening:

  • Vasodilators
  • Positive inotropic agents
  • Diuretics

The Plan is to finish ALL my flash cards by the end of tomorrow, thus reserving Sunday for intensive flash card review (I'm glad I bought the 500-pack of index cards).

Monday, prior to 1 pm, will also be used for flash card review.

I'm feeling like this will probably be manageable. I would love to continue to get A's in all of my classes (well, except Toxicology).

But I'm pretty sure that after this test, I'm going to start making flash cards a lot sooner before the exam approaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment