Sunday, October 18, 2009

All good weekends must come to an end

This weekend was an especially good one.

Saturday was the first time in a month that I've had the opportunity to sleep in as long as I wanted. Admittedly, I woke up at 8:30, although that amounted to 10 hours of sleep.

I had a nice workout on Saturday morning, including 2 miles of jogging and 2+ additional miles of walking.

CLH decided to utilize his free time on the weekend by doing some intensive cleaning, all of his own accord! He vacuumed the downstairs (including moving the furniture), the carpeted stairs, and the upstairs. He swept and mopped the kitchen, foyer, and downstairs bathroom. He helped with laundry. He organized the pantry and the spice cabinet. He cleaned up the cat litter that the cats have kicked all over the floor. He promises that next weekend he will tackle the bathrooms -- toilets, sinks, mirrors, etc. I sure married a good guy.

I got some study time in on Saturday afternoon, though not as much as I'd hoped. That's okay, though, since I only have ONE (!) exam this week and I'm not planning on doing real well on it (nor do I need to).

We went to the grocery store yesterday, and stocked up on some awesome fresh produce - apples, carrots, bananas, nectarines, pears, grapes, avocado, and squash.

Dinner was a giant pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's. (Alas, they were not yet offering the "Jack O'Lantern" design of pizza... we'll have to go back again before Halloween.)

Yesterday evening we drove down to Longmont to attend the Longmont Chorale's first concert of the season, in conjunction with a pretty awesome marimba ensemble (7 marimbas).

I didn't get enough sleep last night, but that's pretty usual for Sundays these days and I'm getting used to it.

CLH got to lead part of the choir rehearsal this morning when the regular director had other obligations, and he did an awesome job. Just a minor reminiscence of what it was like to have him as our regular church choir director in AZ.

Delicious post-church brunch today, including donuts, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, cheese squares, and chocolate-covered raisins.

Stopped at Target and got some much-needed shopping done. Don't want to run out of shampoo, or conditioner, or acne soap, or razor blades, or hand soap, or Kleenex, or contact solution, or.... you get the idea.

It was crazily warm today -- nearly in the 80s -- so we walked to the library this afternoon to return books then walked to the nearby elementary school and played on the jungle gym and swings.

Leftover tacos for dinner, plus slices of the No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars that I made for dessert (they taste just like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup).

Chatted with Mom & Dad, caught up on (most of my) emails, put the finishing touches on the presentation I'll be giving for Diagnostic Imaging Club tomorrow afternoon, contemplated studying some more and decided I'm enjoying my Sunday too much to ruin it with schoolwork!

Tomorrow starts another week, and it's going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment