Saturday, October 10, 2009

Still doing well on Pharm

I am, somewhat surprisingly, not yet too far behind on my Pharmacology studying.

Last night, I almost finished the autonomic critical care drugs (which I was supposed to finish entirely), so clearly I didn't get to antiarrhythmics (which I'd hoped to at least start).

This morning, I arrived at church at 7:45, a solid hour before anybody else got there. However, I was having some pretty serious pain in my right wrist (maybe too many flash cards??) so I reviewed my current flash cards instead of making more. That definitely got me off-track since I was supposed to use the morning time to finish the antiarrhythmics (and I hadn't even started those yet).

This afternoon and evening, though, I've nearly made up for it. My wrist is back in action (though still feeling ouchy). I am through antiarrhythmics (the longest and most difficult section), as well as vasodilators.

I had intended to get to positive inotropic agents and diuretics yet tonight, but it's after 9 pm and that's clearly not gonna happen. But I don't think I really even need to make flash cards for the diuretics, so that just leaves the positive inotropes for tomorrow.

I'll drive to church tomorrow morning, and ideally have some down time before and after the service to run through some of the flash cards I made today. Then I'll let CLH drive back to Windsor so I can drill more flash cards in the car.

After lunch, I'll finish up with the positive inotropic agents, and possibly make diuretics flash cards if I'm ahead of schedule. Then spend the rest of the evening running through my lovely flash cards. Plus Monday morning.

I'm expecting to have about 300 flash cards total. I think that should be plenty!

It sure is nice that Pharmacology is our only exam in the early part of this week... Preventive Medicine coming up on Thursday (but I got 99% on the first homework assignment and 100% on the first exam, so HA!), and Management exam on Friday (meh... doesn't really count). So I'm super-glad Pharm. is my only task for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment