Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blizzard!

We are having our first "winter storm" of the season (which seems uncharacteristically early in the year, based on my prior experience of one winter in Colorado).

It was raining earlier this evening, but started snowing about half an hour ago - big wet beautiful flakes that make it look like you are driving into the opening sequence in Star Wars.

The weather channel predicts 12-24 inches accumulating by this time tomorrow.

I am hoping (but not really expecting) school to be canceled tomorrow. Maybe CLH will get the day off, but I'm guessing that I'll end up getting up 20 minutes early tomorrow morning in order to spend an hour muddling my way through sleet and bad drivers to get to class.

But at least the snow is pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment