Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm so short that even my ulna is short

I got a call yesterday from the physician at student health that I saw on Tuesday about my wrist.

A radiologist reviewed my x-rays, and thankfully everything looked good bone-wise.

There was, however, a semi-incidental finding of "ulnar minus variance," which actually can dispose you to wrist problems and wrist pain.

"Translate all this medical speak for us!" you cry.

Basically it means that my ulna (the bone that forms the point of your elbow and runs in your forearm to end on the side of your wrist where your pinky is) is shorter than it's supposed to be in comparison with my radius (the other bone in the forearm).

Yep, even my bones are short. Thanks, parents!

(Also, the Dr. knew right off the bat what Factor V Leiden was. Go him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment