Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ok, time to talk about grades again

You got one post that didn't consist completely of me going on and on about my grades, so I now feel justified in providing you with one of my usual posts. :-)

Good things have been happening this week, grade-wise.

I have now really passed Toxicology, since the professor sort of randomly gave everybody extra points on the midterm exam. I'm not sure how it worked, but my grade went from 31/42 to 37/45. I'm okay with that. He also finally sent us an email apologizing for taking so long in putting up the grades and for initially posting inaccurate scores. It's funny how far an apology can go in making me like and respect him again.

We also got our grades for the second Preventive Medicine exam. I thought I did well, but as on the first exam, there were several questions where I felt I had guessed a little or didn't totally know the correct answer. However, I got a second 100%! That made my day.

The only actual exam that took place this week was our fourth Biology of Disease exam. This one covered diseases of the liver and pancreas, and was, as usual, open on RamCT for 48 hours.

I took it at 10 pm on Tuesday, after getting home from handbells. Didn't study much and didn't want to. Still got 22 out of 28, which I am absolutely happy with, given my previous scores of 28/28, 28/28, and 26/28.

On Tuesday in Biology of Disease, we got our usual professor back. (Another teacher taught the liver/pancreas unit.) The regular prof said she had missed us during the last two weeks, and the entire class started clapping and cheering that she was back. Hooray for actually understanding the material and getting something out of lectures again....

Other than that, the week was pretty uneventful. Just the way I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment