Sunday, October 25, 2009

Spring registration tomorrow

At promptly 6:30 am tomorrow, I'll be on RamWeb registering for spring classes.

After looking at the schedule in some detail, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I've been spoiled by my schedule this semester.

This fall, I've had class at 9 on Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:40 on Fridays, and 11 on most Tuesdays and Thursdays (though 9 am on some Tues/Thurs).

I'm done with class at 3 every day except Tuesday (4 pm).

I get lunch breaks on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as on the Mon/Wed/Fri's when I choose not to go to Management.

Next semester, all those luxuries will be a thing of the past.

(But I think the trade-off is that the classes will be more interesting.)

Yes, as I discussed previously, I am still planning on taking 27 credits. Call me crazy. (You'd probably be right.)

Here is the schedule that I am, very seriously, planning to register for tomorrow:

Monday

8-9 am: Biology of Disease III
9-10 am: Anesthesia
10-11 am: Clinical Sciences I or II
11 am-12 pm: Imaging Interpretation
12-1 pm: Legal/Ethical Issues in Business
1-2 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II
2-3 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II

Tuesday

8-9 am: Sleep in!
9-10 am: Anesthesia
10-11 am: Surgery
11 am-12 pm: Break!
12-1 pm: Lunch!
1-2 pm: Theriogenology
2-3 pm: Theriogenology
3-4 pm: Shelter Medicine

Wednesday

8-9 am: Surgery
9-10 am: Clinical Sciences I or II
10-11 am: Clinical Sciences I or II
11 am-12 pm: Legal/Ethical Issues in Business
12-1 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II
1-2 pm: Theriogenology

Thursday

8-9 am: Biology of Disease III
9-10 am: Biology of Disease III
10-11 am: Break!
11 am-12 pm: Lunch!
12-1 pm: Problem-based Learning
1-2 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II
2-3 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II
3-4 pm: Clinical Sciences II

Friday

8-9 am: Surgery
9-10 am: Surgery
10-11 am: Clinical Sciences I or II
11 am-12 pm: Clinical Sciences I or II
12-1 pm: Legal/Ethical Issues in Business
1-2 pm: Anesthesia
2-3 pm: Theriogenology

Wow.

Hey, that's only 28 credits...

In defense of my sanity:
  • Thursday afternoon's Clinical Science II from 3-4 pm will be only the second half of the semester.
  • I sort of think (but am not sure) that Surgery only goes for the first half of the semester - so after spring break, I'd have free time on Tuesdays 10-11 am, Wednesdays 8-9 am, and Fridays 8-9 am and 9-10 am. That would give me class at 8 am only on Mondays and Thursdays. Hooray!

I'm not so bummed about having class at 8 am again. I tend to be most productive in the morning, with a rapid decrease in my attention span as soon as I've eaten lunch. (However, it would be nice to have class earlier in the more in exchange for getting done earlier in the afternoon, not in addition to having class till 3 or 4 pm every day.)

I'm actually mostly bummed because I think this class schedule is really going to mess up the nice exercise routine I've gotten into this semester. I've been working out on the treadmill every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday morning before class.

Now, getting up to exercise before school isn't a huge deal when I have class at 9. That just means I get up about 6:15.

But running before class at 8 am? That's reminscent of last year, when I got up twice a week or so at 5:30 to work out. I'd love to not have to get back into that habit again. But I've found that I'm much more reliable about sticking to an exercise routine when I work out in the morning, so I'm hesitant to try and fit an afternoon or evening workout into my regular schedule.

Ah, well, we'll see. If nothing else, I'll hopefully be on my feet a bit more, so perhaps I can get up at 5:30 am and jog for 45 minutes instead of getting up at 6:15 and working out for an hour... We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment